- Poole Dayboat Open – 13th and 14th May 2017. Click here POOLE OPEN POSTER 2017 for details.
- New Harbour courses for 2017 – There is a new race mark positioned in the middle of the Top Triangle and is called Volunteer (shown as VOL on mark and on course list). A new course book is now available from the club. Click here to view the new course book.
- The Schedule of Dayboat races for 2017 is now available on the Poole Yacht Club website under Notice of Race or click here to go straight to it. 1st Saturday race is 1st April, 1st Monday race is 3rd April, 1st Thursday race is 6th April.
- History of Dayboats at Poole Yacht Club
Yachting World Dayboats have been an adopted class by Poole YC since the early 1950s, and still maintain a strong fleet to the present day. Until the mid 1970s, all Dayboats were of a wooden construction but with the introduction of GRP technology, the Dayboats have almost all been replaced by GRP simulated clincker hulls, and in many instances, GRP decks and internals.
At the original club house, Dayboats were kept on swing moorings just off the club wall, but when the club relocated to its current position, the Dayboats have occupied their own pontoon within the yacht club marina which allows access to Poole Harbour at all states of the tide.
Currently (2016), there are 36 Dayboats at the club of which 26 compete in club racing with the others content to just cruise around the beautiful Poole Harbour. Dayboat racing takes place from early April through to the end of October with races every Monday and Thursday evenings and at weekends on most Saturdays. The annual Dayboat Open weekend and the Club Regatta are open to visiting Dayboats from other clubs.
- Who’s Who
- Class Captain Natalie French
- Vice Captain Roy Davies 01202 574875
- Results Secretary Wendy Davies 01202 574875
- Social Secretary Phil Lokier 01202 698584
- Treasurer John Lokier 01202 698584
- Examiner Anita Habgood